May 28, 2022 9:00 amThis three day course requires pre-registration and there is online work that must be completed prior to the first day.
Course schedule (must attend all three days):
- 9:00-6:00 Saturday May 28, 2022
- 9:00-6:00 Sunday May 29, 2022
- 9:00-6:00 Monday May 30, 2022
You can find information on the Water Safety Instructor program here
To participate in the Water Safety Instructor course, individuals must:
- Be at least 16 years of age on or before the final scheduled lesson of this course.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the following swimming skills:
- Swim the following strokes consistent with the Stroke Performance Charts, Level 4
- Front crawl—25 yards
- Back crawl—25 yards
- Breaststroke—25 yards
- Elementary backstroke—25 yards
- Sidestroke—25 yards
- Butterfly—15 yards
- Maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling).
- Tread water for 1 minute.